This week Rob and Kate look at what makes a classic book after attending the Picador Classic Day at Foyles Charing Cross, as well as previewing their picks of the Essex Book Festival.
Kate and Rob are back discussing the new Harper Lee novel, the Folio Prize, the Essex Book Festival and their trip to Foyles for the launch of the Picador Classic series. Just what makes a classic book?
To find out more about the new Picador Classic list, just head over to http://www.picador.com/classic
Some of our picks of the Essex Book Festival are
- Kate Hamer discusses The Girl in the Red Coat
- Kerry Hudson discusses Thirst
- SJ Watson discusses Second Life
- Sophie Hannah discusses The Monogram Murders
- Jessie Burton in conversation with Hayley Atwell, on The Miniaturist
- Samantha Shannon talks to Kate about The Mime Order
- Jon Ronson hosts An Evening of Public Shaming
- Liz Trenow discusses The Poppy Factory
- Sarah Perry discusses After Me Comes The Flood
- Graphic Stories with Karrie Fransman, Stephen Collins and Hannah Berry
- Adaptation One-Day Film Festival
- Galley Beggar Press panel
- Patrick Gale discusses A Place Called Winter
- Borough Brunch at The Waiting Room
- Ben Ferguson talks to Rob about The Spring of Kaspar Meier
For full listings, see the Essex Book Festival website
Join in the discussion on the podcast! We always love to hear your feedback or questions.
Send us an email, ask us a question on Goodreads or record us a voice message using the box on the right hand side! The best will be used on the podcast!
Our podcast is brought to you by Audible. Try Audible free for 30 days and receive one free audiobook download. Your Audible download can be enjoyed on all iPods, iPhones, Android and mobile devices. Listen anytime, anywhere. Start listening today and discover a great alternative to that same old playlist! Try Audible for 30 days and download any Audible audiobook for free!
Episode 125. An Adventures With Words production.