This week, we’re looking forward to the imminent festive break by planning our reading for Christmas 2016 – Rob and Kate pick (roughly) three books each to recommend.
Rob’s picks for Christmas reading are:
- George Lucas: A Life by Brian Jay Jones
- The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley by Hannah Tinti
- Some Kind of Hero: The Remarkable Story of the James Bond Films by Matthew Field and Away Chowdhury
Kate’s picks for Christmas reading are:
- See What I Have Done by Sarah Schmidt
- The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden
- Black Light Express by Philip Reeve – listen to Philip on Railhead and more here and read his S is for Spindlebridge blogpost to understand how the trains in the Railhead books travel
- Bluets and The Red Parts by Maggie Nelson – if you can’t wait for these, you can try The Argonauts, which is out now in the UK
Join in the discussion on the podcast! We always love to hear your feedback or questions.
Don’t forget that the easiest way you can listen to the podcast is by subscribing in iTunes and listening on your iPhone, iPad or iPod – then you won’t miss an episode! Links for listening on other platforms are all below.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/297405592″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”450″ iframe=”true” /]
Our podcast is brought to you by Audible. Try Audible free for 30 days and receive one free audiobook download. Your Audible download can be enjoyed on all iPods, iPhones, Android and mobile devices. Listen anytime, anywhere. Start listening today and discover a great alternative to that same old playlist! Try Audible for 30 days and download any Audible audiobook for free!
Episode 176. An Adventures With Words production. Hosted by Rob Chilver and Kate Neilan.