This week on AWW YA, Kate and Darran talk through their thoughts on all ten books from the 2016 YA Book Prize shortlist, and the winner, One by Sarah Crossan. That means it’s a bit of a bumper episode but we hope you find it enjoyable.
[ca_audio url_mp3=”http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/AdventuresWithWordsYoungAdultEdition/~3/mBwlNJZbcwU/YA16YABookPrize.mp3″ url_ogg=”” align=”center”]
The books on the YA Book Prize 2016 shortlist were:
- Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne (Usborne)
- One by Sarah Crossan (Bloomsbury)
- Unbecoming by Jenny Downham (David Fickling Books)
- The Lie Tree by Frances Hardinge (Macmillan Children’s Books)
- The Curious Tale of the Lady Caraboo by Catherine Johnson (Corgi)
- The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness (Walker Books)
- Asking For It by Louise O’Neill (Quercus)
- The Sin Eater’s Daughter by Mel Salisbury (Scholastic)
- Concentr8 by William Sutcliffe (Bloomsbury)
- The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson (David Fickling Books)
Congratulations to the winner, One by Sarah Crossan!
Find out more about the YA Book Prize here.
You can find Darran on Twitter at @shinraalpha, and on YouTube by searching for the same thing, and you can find Kate on Twitter and Instagram @magic_kitten.
See you next month x
Join in the discussion on the podcast! We always love to hear your feedback or questions.
Don’t forget that the easiest way you can listen to the podcast is by subscribing in iTunes and listening on your iPhone, iPad or iPod – then you won’t miss an episode! Links for listening on other platforms are all below.
Subscribe to podcast in iTunes – Subscribe to podcast via RSS – Download MP3 – Listen on Stitcher
Our podcast is brought to you by Audible. Try Audible free for 30 days and receive one free audiobook download. Your Audible download can be enjoyed on all iPods, iPhones, Android and mobile devices. Listen anytime, anywhere. Start listening today and discover a great alternative to that same old playlist! Try Audible for 30 days and download any Audible audiobook for free!
Episode 16. An Adventures With Words production.